-->

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Glasses

I need to buy new glasses. Mine are blurred with scratches and some type of expiring coating. So I look on LensCrafters' website. Out of habit, they're the only place Ive ever been to buy glasses. I'm looking for durability. That's my only criteria. They don't sort their glasses by materials. They sort them by designer.

I click on something called "Frame Personality", hoping to find the picture of a pair of glasses wearing construction gear with "I'm tough" in a word balloon. At least that absurdity would be useful to me. Instead I find this quiz.

The documentary Century of the Self comes to mind. Are people really irrational beings, caring more for their "Frame Personality" than actual information?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perfect.

Unknown said...

hey Peter,

I have 2 friends who buy their glasses off a website. The prices start at 8$ (lens and frames).
zennioptical.com

It's not a scam, I've seen the glasses arrive. I couldn't tell you about the quality.