-->

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lecturing in Figueres

A student took these pictures of me a couple of years ago to demonstrate that I change position wildly as I lecture.

I remember the place.
It's beside the abstract Isaac Newton statue outside of the Dali Museum in Figueres (Homage to Newton).

I remember the content.
The lecture was about art, genius, and statistics. We were discussing social experiments (like Asch's Milgrim's and Zimbardo's) as well as 'genius' as an outsider personality type (specifically Dali and Newton) .

I have no recollection of why I put my fingers in my mouth.

*This gif is posted at archive.org. It's also where I'm hosting my KnowMore lectures podcast. Communism. Capitalism is up. Available for download or listening online. Unfortunately, the quality is quite poor. I'll improve my equipment for the next lecture. In two weeks: Lecture #3: "All the Philosophers".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, you certainly do.

Hi Peter! I tracked you down completely on a whim and your blog is fascinating.

Anonymous said...

*You certainly change position wildly, I mean - not you certainly put your fingers in your mouth.

Nemo Dally said...

Greetings Melissa. I suspect you know over seventy languages now...